This weekend was exceptional. Other than Halloween hilarity, the Metric concert on Friday was a major high point. I have a few comments to make about the show:
- How cool/attractive/not 35 looking/talented is Emily Haines? Incredibly, so. I support whatever addiction may cause her to be that way.
- The negative live image of her playing the synthesizer was a really great background.
- I really loved her outfit of a low back silver sequence dress. I personally think it was Twilight inspired (ahem, Twilight fantasies, and Help I'm Alive = symbolism people).
- The 30 or so hanging bare light bulbs were great theme setting lights.
- The best songs performed were : Monster Hospital, Stadium Love, Dead Disco, Sick Muse, and of course Combat Baby.
- Wish they would have played my favorite songs- Soft Rock Star, Love is a place, and of course Calculation Theme.
- I am really glad that their fourth album is just as good as their other work. I appreciate the thematic nature of each of their albums.
- There is no need to get an artificial buzz from alcohol and drugs when a band's performance will have the same affect. I was buzzing after this show.
- It makes all the difference when the passion and joy of performance is palpable from the stage.
- I already can't wait for the next time I can see them live... hopefully not behind a head bobber with no consideration for my face's sensation of his hair.
Keep doing it wrong, singing along.