Three Pears, three pairs, 3 X 2=6, threesome times two, six-tom, sex-a-ton, burn calories, hunger, pear, two more, and that makes three pears.

This is my brain:

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Inspiring Phrases" in Commas

I am sure a majority of the people I know have a word document, a facebook info section, or even a notebook ( tangible objects are out of date) with a list of their favorite quotes. I actually have all three of these, and shall now also have a blog entry. It should also be noted, that I just had a lab on APA formatting. These quotes will not have proper citation, and I am quite content with the fact.

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the world- Helen Keller (Go to post titled " 200+ reasons to be happy".)

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much"- Oscar Wilde (I really wish I could have seen him angry.)

At twilight, nature is not without loveliness, though perhaps its chief use is to illustrate quotations from the poet - Oscar Wilde (I think him and I would have been great friends.)

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus (I am hoping that if I am poetic enough the winter won't be as cold.)

We only know of one duty, and that is to love. - Albert Camus (This is also the same man who taught me: existentialism, consequence, nature's apathy, and that we are all alone.)

Equations are the devil's sentences- Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report (That explains why engineers are like that.)

'Whom are you?' he asked, for he had attended business college. - "The Steel Box", 1898 (One of my favorite past-times is correcting fellow commerce student's grammar.)

Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane".- H. P. Lovecraft (This one goes out to a certain passionate dancer I am affiliated with :D. Also, this writer is not to be confused with Harry Potter and Luna Lovegood's crafty love child.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation". - Oscar Wilde (I thrive on being an ironic individual.)


Quote the greats, find wisdom and joy

No comments:

Post a Comment