Three Pears, three pairs, 3 X 2=6, threesome times two, six-tom, sex-a-ton, burn calories, hunger, pear, two more, and that makes three pears.

This is my brain:

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bonkers for Babushkas

My ode to the Russian toy that embraces pear shaped women of all sizes. 

Sources: FFFound

This babushka lives in the UK. 

This one is having a cocktail before going swimming in the 1940s. 

This one is a kinky Alaskan tourist. 

A mini baker babushka.

Lastly the intellectual babushka refuses to be judged for her appearance. 

I've always been fascinated by these toys since I was a child. Conceptually they're simple, yet each individual piece is unique in size and decor. For a while I was obsessed with finding the smallest babushka; I really enjoy the contrast from the smallest to the largest figure. Babushkas even make brilliant product ideas. The design possibilities for these are endless; so much so that I will add designing my own babushka to my bucket list. 

What's your favorite toy? 

2 comments: