Vinegar, not just one of the ingredients of salad dressing. There are over a 100 different uses for vinegar! Some of the uses are really surprising, not to mention eco-friendly, all natural, and sometimes fairly smelly. Here is a list of the uses I think would be most useful:
1) Attack spaghetti, barbecue, or ketchup stains with a white distilled vinegar and water solution.
2) Remove perspiration odor and stains on clothing, as well as those left by deodorants, by spraying full-strength white distilled vinegar on underarm and collar areas before tossing them into the washing machine.
3) Get cleaner laundry! Add about 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar to the last rinse. The acid in white distilled vinegar is too mild to harm fabrics, yet strong enough to dissolve the alkalies in soaps and detergents. Besides removing soap, white distilled vinegar prevents yellowing, acts as a fabric softener and static cling reducer, and attacks mold and mildew.
4) Clean the microwave by mixing 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl. Bring it to a rolling boil inside the microwave. Baked-on food will be loosened, and odors will disappear. Wipe clean.
5) Remove soap buildup and odors from the dishwasher by pouring a cup of white distilled vinegar inside the empty machine and running it through a whole cycle. Do monthly.
6) Get rid of fruit flies by setting out a small dish of undiluted white distilled vinegar.
7) To remove a label, decal, or price tag, cover with a cloth soaked in white distilled vinegar. Leave the cloth on overnight and the label should slide off.
8) Deodorize the toilet bowl by allowing 3 cups white distilled vinegar to sit in it for about a half hour before flushing.
9) Kill germs all around the bathroom with a spray of full-strength white distilled vinegar. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
10) Soothe sunburn with a spray of white distilled vinegar, repeating as often as you like. Ice-cold white distilled vinegar will feel even better, and may prevent blistering and peeling.
11) Make nail polish last longer. Wipe fingernails with cotton balls dipped in white distilled vinegar before putting on nail polish.
12) For cuts and scrapes, use white distilled vinegar as an antiseptic.
13) Keep car windows frost-free overnight in winter by coating them with a solution of 3 parts white distilled vinegar to 1 part water.
14) Give your dog a gleaming coat by spraying or rubbing with a solution of 1 cup white distilled vinegar to 1 quart water. As a bonus, you save the cost of an expensive shine product used on show animals. (Works even on a horse!)
15) Kill fleas by adding a little white distilled vinegar to your dog or cat’s drinking water.
16) Cats hate the smell of vinegar. If you have a cat that is marking its territory around your house, spray the area with white distilled vinegar then rinse with a hose. ( This one's for you Britt.)
17) When poaching eggs, add a little white distilled vinegar to the water. The whites stay better formed.
18) Make pasta less sticky and reduce some of its starch. Add just a dash of white distilled vinegar to the water as it cooks.
19) If you’ve added too much salt to a recipe, add a spoonful of white distilled vinegar and sugar to try correcting the taste.
20) To keep eggs from cracking when boiling add a tablespoon or two of white distilled vinegar to water.